Rotating Equipment Engineer
Senior Hire – Rotating Equipment Engineer
Ben Aris are seeking to fill the position of Rotating Equipment Engineer for a Global Petrochemical Operator. Potential candidates will be accountable for the reliability of rotating equipment; requiring knowledge of best-in-class practices around operation & the overall maintenance of rotating equipment. You will also be expected to utilize a solid ability to troubleshoot mechanical rotating equipment by applying root cause failure analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Troubleshoot screw & centrifugal compressor problems utilizing existing process conditions.
– Oversee & direct the rotating equipment/vibration monitoring program.
– Review rotating equipment recommendations & set priorities for completion of recommendations.
– Ensure complete & accurate rotating equipment repair documentation.
– Participate in all the appropriate project reviews that impact the reliability & rotating equipment integrity of the plant.
– Implement projects to improve mechanical reliability, reduce costs, improve safety & solve environmental issues.
– Provide technical support to project engineering. Have some crossover responsibilities on the stationary equipment reliability.
– Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, & quotes on equipment used in some projects.
– Coordinate with maintenance supervisors to develop & implement preventive & predictive maintenance programs on existing equipment (fixed equipment, pumps, safety devices, etc.) based on manufacturer’s recommendation or best engineering practices.
– Lead or participate as needed in Process Hazard Analysis, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), or other risk assessments.
– Write & support the Management of Change process through PHA & PSSR Evaluations.
– Lead/participate in incident investigations to identify root causes & corrective recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.
Requirements & Qualifications:
– B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
– 8+ years in engineering roles in chemical or petrochemical industry.
– 5+ years focused on rotating equipment troubleshooting, vibration monitoring, etc..
– Experienced in Root-Cause Analysis & facilitating investigations.
– Extensive experience with screw and centrifugal compressors and pumps.
– In-depth knowledge of compressors, steam turbines and gearboxes.