Monitor, troubleshoot, and optimize operating unit key process variables to drive process and product improvements while maintaining a strong safety and environmental compliance focus. Apply technical knowledge to detect causes of deviations in quality, capacity, yield, and energy consumption or provide training to less experienced engineers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
– Develop and Implement systems to improve and sustain value in the areas of health, safety, environment, production rates, equipment reliability, cost, and quality.
– Follow and direct day to day plant operations.
– Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement teams and sub teams.
– Develop initial scope and business case for improvements projects. Support Capital projects through the FEL process. Assist in developing commissioning and start-up procedures for new equipment.
– Lead root cause analysis studies to resolve plant process and equipment related issues.
– Provide technical data for Environmental events such as process leaks, and ECAT tasks.
– Participate, lead, and approve MOCs and PSSRs.
– Participate in PHAs.
– Responsible for review and resolution of action items because of HES, ISO, Insurance audits and PHA studies.
– Monitor intermediate and product analyses and statistical data.
– Responsible for specifying or approving process conditions to produce new or modified products in conjunction with the Quality representative.
– Assists in the investigation and resolution of customer complaints and nonconforming products.
– Develop, modify and/or review operational procedures.
– Help coordinate and plan special product trials.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering with 3-10 years’ experience working as a Chemical Engineer with relevant experience in the petrochemical or chemical process industries. Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM). Knowledge of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus. Possess skills to be able to contribute to a team environment and establish work relationships with onsite and offsite functional groups to achieve results. Incumbent must be self-motivated, and results oriented.